Here’s a salad to add to your weekend menu plans! This one will hopefully force you to get outside and grill something on this beautiful weekend.
This salad is similar to this Peach Panzanella Salad with Burrata and Bacon, but with the addition of grilled chicken to make it even more of a dinner salad.
This salad has it all:
- Grilled chicken and peaches-grilling is perfect for both ripe peaches and those that maybe needed a little more time to soften (but you don’t have time to wait!) because the heat will soften the texture and enhance the sweetness. Just make sure not to slice your peaches too thin or they will be hard to manage in the grill!
- Burrata, which obviously needs no introduction
- Sweet cherry tomatoes
- Sweet mixed baby greens, as well as some fresh basil and onion-y chives for flavor
- Creamy avocado for richness and healthy fats
- And my recent obsession, a white balsamic vinaigrette which is so light and fruity and flavorful, you will want to put it on every salad (I have been!)
It is the most perfect day here-sunny, 70 degrees with a nice breeze. I just want to remember it forever. Also, I need to find a place where the weather is like this year-round…
Grilled Peach and Chicken Salad with Burrata
Yield: 2 servings
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 to 2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
FOR THE SALAD:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 peaches, halved, pit removed and sliced into 3/4-inch-thick slices
5 to 6 ounces mixed greens
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
One 8- to 10-ounce ball of Burrata cheese
1 avocado, peeled, pit removed and sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
6 to 8 large basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
Cover the chicken breasts in about 1/2 of the dressing and marinate the chicken breasts for at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
Preheat a skillet over medium heat or an outdoor grill and gently place the peach slices on the grates (you might lose a few to the grill! Be careful!). Grill on each side until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the grill and allow to cool. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
Combine the mixed greens and cherry tomatoes with just enough dressing to lightly coat. Arrange in serving bowls and tear the burrata over top. Arrange the sliced chicken, grilled peaches and avocado on the salad. Sprinkle the chopped chives and basil over and serve with the remaining dressing on the side.