ON SUNDAYS WE BRUNCH IS A WEEKLY COLLECTION OF THOUGHTS, FAVORITES AND LINKS. FOLLOW ALONG TO DISCOVER NEW THINGS AND REMEMBER OLD ONES!
Welcome to On Sundays We Brunch Series Three! I’m hoping this will be a time for us to talk about life like we’re really sitting together over brunch and share favorites…articles, recipes, products, books, inspiration, whatever it may be!
Brunch is my favorite because the spirit is light, you have the whole day ahead of you afterwards, and all food is fair game and it often involves champagne. Urban Dictionary defines brunchin’ as “Midday lunchin’ acting a fool in the mid-morning to lunch time”. Could there be a more fitting description?
Grab a mimosa, pull up a chair and let’s chat! Oh, and if anyone wants to act a fool, I’m game.
This is my 200th blog post today!!!! When I say it out loud it doesn’t sound like much, but it’s over a year and a half of work…some of it while working another full-time job, and some of it while working full-time on my blog.
What you see above is where it all started. Do you know hard it is to a) pick a name for your brand/business/website (and by extension, dog/child/car and any other animate or inanimate thing that needs to be named) and b) find a website that isn’t already taken?! Well, it’s hard and this was the best I could come up with when I started. Luckily, we’ve moved on from that and we’re to Eat Like Amanda now!
I recently went back to work at a publishing company managing Pinterest accounts for two major lifestyle brands. It’s that kind of job that I hear other people have and am like, “That’s a real job?!” or “People get to do that all day?!” or “How did they get that job?!” I still pinch myself that this is my job.
I’m still learning how to manage both a 9-5 job in addition to keeping my blog going…not just going, but adding more, completely new content besides just recipes. I’ve taken a few weeks off from cooking, but I’m getting back into the kitchen this week as I establish my new normal. Luckily, I have tons of content because I generally work far ahead of what I’m posting, so there shouldn’t be any gap in posts for you!
I started posting new content coming in the following week in these new Sunday posts, mostly to keep myself honest and on track. I let myself be lazy earlier in the week, so now I’m giving you two posts today. Happy Sunday!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT…FROM THE BLOG LAST WEEK:
RECIPES I’M LOVING:
- Chunky Monkey Banana Zucchini Muffins
- Thai Noodle Salad with the Best Ever Peanut Sauce
- Flaky Pull Apart Cinnamon Peach Brioche Bread
- Tomato Breakfast Toast
- Strawberry Sheet Cake with Rhubarb Meringue Frosting (I watched Adrianna make this on her IG stories the other day with strawberry frosting…I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE)
- BLT Panzanella
- Lemon Lavender Morning Buns
- Sticky Garlic Chicken Bites
- Cheesy Bacon Jalapeño Corn Dip
- Pistachio Rose Panna Cotta Tart
Can you tell I haven’t been baking much lately?! Lots of delicious baked goods on this list!
THE BEST THING I ATE THIS WEEK: BECAUSE, DUH
Beer-Brined Chicken Bites from Exile Brewery. Crispy, bite-sized fried chicken bites tossed in this weirdly creamy but insanely delicious buffalo sauce and buttermilk ranch. HOW DO I NOT HAVE A PICTURE, I AM A FOOD BLOGGER, WHAT IS GOING ON.
Sorry, I’m sure I will be back many times to re-experience these, so I’ll make sure to grab a pic next time. But, in the meantime, you can see what they look like by clicking on the link above and checking out that beautiful basket of buffalo goodness in the picture.
- This Small Change Can Help You Sleep Better
- I’m always looking for helpful tips to a better nights’ sleep. I’ve had a rough few days of sleep over the last week so I’ll take anything I can get! I’ve seen a ton of stories about how cell phone usage can affect your ability to fall asleep, but just having your phone in the room can affect your ability to stay asleep too.
- What NYU’s Stunning Move to Give All Medical Students Free Tuition Really Means
- It stunned me to see the article announcing NYU’s new policy to basically give medical students an free education-in the best way possible! How cool and what a precedent this sets.
- 3 Months of Not Buying Clothes, Shoes and Accessories
- My closet is overflowing…enough said.
WHAT’S COMING NEXT WEEK:
A delicious corn & chicken skillet bake, peach cobbler, a snap pea salad, spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce (to soak up these summer tomatoes!), and some super-quick energy balls. Plus another On Sundays We Brunch Series!
I’m hoping to launch another feature on my site this week too…stay tuned!
A REMINDER FROM OLIVER, BIRDIE AND I:
Take time to sit back, relax and enjoy the view (even if you’re sitting on a deck with chipped stain, and a view of a backyard that’s torn up with plenty of brown grass!).
“Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.”-Chinese Proverb
Have a great week, friends!