Caramelized broccoli with rich toasted pine nuts, salty Parmesan and bright lemon and basil combine to be some of the best broccoli you’ll ever have!
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds broccoli, stems removed and cut into florets
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- Olive oil, as needed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Place the broccoli on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the sliced garlic and toss to coat. Spread the broccoli in a single layer. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing once during cooking, until browned and crisp-tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, the lemon zest, juice, pine nuts, Parmesan and basil. Add the roasted broccoli and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Inspiration: Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli on foodnetwork.com