This is a basic, clean salad that pairs well with JUST ABOUT ANYTHING. Do you have a couple lemons floating around your fridge? Most likely. Is there a knob of Parmesan in your cheese drawer? Always. Do you have any salad greens? You probably do. A flavorful lemon vinaigrette, Parmesan shavings and arugula combine for a quick salad that will make you think you can pull off eating a salad every day!Print
A flavorful lemon vinaigrette, Parmesan shavings and arugula combine for a quick salad that will make you think you can pull off eating a salad every day!
- 6 ounces fresh arugula
- 1/4 pound chunk of Parmesan, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, enough to emulsify the dressing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the arugula in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Pour about half of the dressing over the arugula, gently tossing to coat. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle the Parmesan shards on top. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.